Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthdays and Snow Days



Yesterday was Kamaria's thirteenth birthday. She is growing into such a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of her! I went over to share birthday carrot cake with her and Ivan and Rachel and the rest of the girls. They all showed me their report cards which were, of course, outstanding! I framed this picture of Kamaria when she was two years old and gave it to her as one of her presents. I took it at Woodland Park in the summer of 1999. We had gone with Matt and Nora, and had such a wonderful day. I treasure all of the photos that I managed to bring along with me half way across the country.


Last night Larry & I watched the most amazing movie - "You Can't Take It With You". Neither one of us had ever seen it. It was filmed in 1938, but had so many messages for us today... not to let fear control our lives, to do the things that bring us joy, to care about each other, and to have fun! It was possibly the best movie I have ever seen. It's not surprising that it won an academy award. I'm going to try to find a copy of it to add to our collection, since Larry had chosen this from the Castle Rock Library. We even brought it to our Adult Journey class today for "show and tell".
We woke up this morning to a layer of whiteness. We didn't have too much trouble getting to church, but it feels good just to stay inside this afternoon. I'm going to make a batch of corn chowder with peppers. We ran out of our stash in the freezer, and need to replenish. It's going to taste great with some potato latkes. Larry managed to dig through the snow and pull some out, along with a few onions. Actually, I'd better get in the kitchen and start cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment