Friday, April 12, 2013

Little Stone Cottage

As some of you know, one of my passions is dollhouses. I have built a number of them from kits, but had to leave them behind when I moved to Colorado. Shortly after meeting Larry, he gave me a kit for a small dollhouse - The Orchid - which I built and filled with the little treasures I had been collecting for so long. The ones that mean the most to me are the ceramic bathroom set and "cast iron" cook stove that my Mom made shortly after I built my first dollhouse in 1980. I also love the "wicker" living room set that Margie and I found in an antiques shop in Mount Vernon, and the piano that came from a miniatures shop that Larry and I visited in Georgetown a little before Christmas last year. I turned the Orchid into a little stone cottage by covering the outside with stones that I crafted from paper clay. My latest project is stitching a rug for the music room. Larry has created a You Tube video of its progress, with some views of the dollhouse at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment