Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Day in My Life...But Not a Typical One!

Larry & I decided a few days ago that it would be practical to say good-bye to our Yamaha V-Star motorcycle and trade it in on a new Kawasaki KLR for Larry. It made me tear up to think of parting with the Yamaha. We have had so many wonderful times on it, but the last few long rides have been very difficult for me because of my arthritis. So today I met Larry at the dealership to sign the papers. But before I did, I decided to document some of the things that I did today...

I went out this morning and picked some of the asparagus that we discovered the spring after we moved here.  There were five or six stalks big enough to pick. They're growing in a part of the garden that doesn't have anything else planted in it yet, which explains why there are so many weeds surrounding them!

Then I picked some rhubarb for the rhubarb buckle I was planning on making for dessert...

Before I went shopping, I hung some clothes out to dry - it was a lovely day for it.

I put the dogs in their outside pen, hopped in the car, stopped at King Sooper's for gas, and was off to do some shopping. This is the view of Castle Rock from the Target parking lot.
"The Rock" is on the left...Pike's Peak on the right

Another view of Pike's Peak
I stopped at Sprouts and King Soopers to pick up a few ingredients for a stir fry and the rhubarb buckle, and then headed for home...That is the "Castle Rock" itself. I've always meant to climb it, but haven't gotten around to it yet!

Before long it was time to head for Littleton and meet Larry at Grand Prix Motorsports to sign the papers. I said good-bye to the Yamaha without shedding a tear, although my eyes weren't altogether dry on the ride there. It only took about an hour at the dealership, most of it just sitting around and waiting, but soon we were on our way. I left first and Larry stayed while they did some final touch-up work on the new bike. He managed to make it home safely, and in time for Jeopardy!
Saying good-bye.

Larry with the new bike.
Yes, it's a nice bike, but I would have picked the yellow one!

No comments:

Post a Comment