Sunday, May 26, 2013

Irises & Naan Pizza

The irises are finally blooming! I felt bad when I left my one iris plant behind in Elizabeth, especially since it took about three years to bloom! But when we moved to this house in Castle Rock, we discovered a huge iris bed in the backyard. They are simply gorgeous... I took these pictures yesterday evening.


While I was taking the photos of the irises, a pair of robins paid me a visit. They are so used to us being outside that they have very little fear...



 The spinach planted in the horse watering trough is coming along nicely...

 Larry resting after working hard in the vegetable bed yesterday...I was experimenting with the black & white setting on my camera.

Enjoying a glass of wine on the patio and thumbing through my bird book - there always seems to be a new variety of feathered creature to try to identify.

Duchess enjoying an evening game of Dog Soccer...


We reluctantly went into the HOT house to make dinner...Naan Pizzas. I cut up the red onion, roma tomato,  kalamata olives, roasted red peppers & basil. Larry did the assemblage... we sprinkled on some mozzarella cheese, thyme and sun-dried tomatoes and popped them in the oven...

I woke up this morning a little after 7 a.m., came downstairs, poured a cup of coffee and settled down on the sofa to do some cross-stitching - my usual morning routine. Duchess started barking at something - I looked out the window and their was a hot air balloon right over the house - in fact, it looked like it was coming right at us! I couldn't grab my camera fast enough to get a good close-up shot, and it was moving pretty fast. We ran out to the backyard and I managed to get a shot before it drifted away...
I did some weeding in my "wild" flower bed and discovered this lily of the valley in bloom... and what I thought were weeds turned out to be cosmos that I planted last year...it's good I didn't pull them all up before realizing what they were. They'll soon be adding a lot of color to that corner of the yard.


Well, time to take a basket of laundry out to the clothesline...it's supposed to be 87 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment