Monday, June 10, 2013

Goldfinches, Rosebuds, and Lawnmowers

It was about 88 degrees yesterday, and 85 in our little house! Larry bought a new tire for the lawnmower, since the old one was beyond repair, and the grass REALLY needed mowing. He put it on the mower yesterday afternoon, and sat down in the shady side yard to read for awhile.

While we were relaxing in the shade, we saw the first Goldfinch of the year.

 I went into the garage and filled up the thistle seed sock (hard to say!), and hung it in its usual spot. Unfortunately, the Goldfinches didn't discover it while we were sitting there, but I'm sure it won't take long.


  Before long, Larry put his book down and decided that it wasn't going to get any cooler,
 so he'd better start mowing!


 While he was mowing, I wandered around the yard and took some photos...

The clematis is coming along nicely...



The bench under the spruce tree.


My baby Nasturtiums - I always have a difficult time getting them to survive here - I hope they make it!

Pine cones on the patio...




Nearly all of the rose bushes are covered with buds...


Some of my "yard art" - an old jack...


Dandelions... about to be blowing in the wind.


Time to move to the front porch before going inside for dinner...





No comments:

Post a Comment