Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saturday Night on Ridge Road...

"Beauty is whatever gives joy."
               - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Larry & I lead a pretty quiet life. Granted, we throw in a motorcycle ride or a trip to the hot springs every now and then, but a typical evening for us in the summer is sitting on the front porch, me sipping a glass of wine and Larry enjoying a beer. This year I have managed to create the flower garden in pots that I have envisioned since we moved to this house. In years past, nothing seemed to flourish this well. Usually the hot sun would burn the flowers to a crisp, but since I'm home most days now, I can keep everything nicely moistened. This was my view last night...


These tomato plants that we started from seed are ready to go in the garden first thing Sunday morning...


The basil seedlings are coming along nicely. They have a ways to go before we can enjoy a batch of pesto or some basil mojitos!


 I'm really excited about the purple cayenne. I couldn't find any seeds  last year, but ordered them from Baker Creek Seed Co. this year, and even though only a few germinated in our downstairs grow chamber, they look great. The peppers will be beautiful once they appear!


 I'm especially fond of the pink dahlias in this pot.


The tarragon looks pretty with the violas...


This is where we relax most evenings...


I found this old sewing machine treadle years ago at a garage sale...





Time to go inside for dinner....



No comments:

Post a Comment