Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tambark Creek Park

We decided to go on a walk before it got too warm today, so headed out around 9 a.m. Larry and Duchess had discovered Tambark Creek Park while I was in Denver.  It's southeast of the City of Mill Creek on 35th Ave SE, north of 180th St. SE., so not too far from home. It was the perfect place for a short hike.



The blackberries are in full blossom. They are doing the same thing in our backyard, so before we know it blackberry cobbler will be cooking away in the crockpot.


Buttercups have always been a favorite of mine. 



Walking the trail reminded me of playing in the woods when I was a child. So many of the same things were growing alongside the pathway that grew in the forest that surrounded our old house.


 Common Velvetgrass- I know it's a weed, but it has a beauty that is especially impressive en masse.



Foxglove - It grows wild here, but try as I might, I could not get it to survive in Colorado!



 

Larry stopping to smell the berry blossoms. There were both blackberry and salmonberry bushes in bloom.


A few salmon berries were on the plants, but not quite ripe yet.


This is a Native Growth Protection Area - a very good thing!


We came to a bridge over the creek - I took the high road and Duchess and Larry took the low road, through the creek. Duchess hates swimming, but does enjoy getting her toes wet every now and then!


 
Heading back towards the parking lot. This was such a tranquil spot, and not too hard on my arthritis. I did have my "old lady" cane with me, but I think I could have done okay without it. We'll definitely be paying this park lots more visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment